20: Humans Control Inches
Stuart and Carolyn talk with Dr. Adam Bechle of Wisconsin Sea Grant about lake levels: why are they so high? Will they stay that way? And what is a meteotsunami? If you get overwhelmed, don't forget you can keep on the bright side of life by rating, reviewing, and subscribing. Or not!
- Adam Bechle’s contact page with links to key publications
- Wisconsin Sea Grant
- What is a seiche?
- Meg Dodson episode where we discuss seiches, derechos, and water safety
- Great Lakes water levels data from NOAA/GLERL
- Some graphs to geek out over
- A Balancing Act: Lake Superior Regulation and the St. Marys River
- Compensating works
- Frost heave!
- Wisconsin Sea Grant’s list of coastal engineering firms and contractors
- Stalzy’s Deli