13: It Smells Like Science
In this episode, Stuart speaks with Dr. Brian Roth about the development of the Great Lakes salmon fishery, the interaction between native and invasive fish species, and the spread of invasivecraw/crayfish throughout the region. Also, goby dogs.
- Brian Roth’s Twitter feed
- Huron-Michigan Predator Diet Study - Science, Technology & Engineering | Facebook - 120 Photos
- Invasive Crayfish Collaborative
- Oncorhynchus - Wikipedia
- A review of Howard Tanner’s Autobiography
- Sea lamprey - Wikipedia
- Lake Superior State Center for Freshwater Research and Education Webcam - This appears to be offline for pandemic-based reasons but it is very cool normally.
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly - Wikipedia
- I should have mentioned this: Lake Michigan Chinook salmon stick with declining alewife as their main meal | Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant
- Red Swamp Crayfish in Michigan
- Lucky Dogs